I am the Associate Director of Data Science at the Critical Path Institute, which maximizes the value of rare disease patient-level data through curation, standardization and sharing of data; integration across data sources and types; and creation of drug development tools. My goal is to leverage my expertise in ontology development, data standards and annotation application to lead a team of data scientists to develop and implement a data curation pipeline utilizing the organization’s knowledge graph and proof-of-concept rare disease application ontology (CPONT). I am the lead curator for the Mondo Disease Ontology, a semantic standard for disease classifications and definitions. Additionally, I am active in educational efforts in data management best practices and data science, including the OBO Academy.
- Monarch Disease Ontology (Mondo)
- Critical Path Application Ontology (CPONT)
- Human Phenotype Ontology
- Cell Ontology
- Phenotype and Trait Ontology
- Environmental Exposure Ontology
- Unified Phenotype Ontology (uPheno)
- Contributor Role Ontology
- OBO Academy - Self paced ontology engineering training
- Ontologies 101 Presentations (see Workshops page)
Select Biocuration projects
- Monarch Initiative: a system that allows for cross-species disease discovery
- Gabriella Miller Kids First Data Resource: a data resource portal containing data about pediatric cancers and structural abnormalities
- CRAFT corpus: The Colorado Richly Annotated Full Text Corpus (CRAFT) is a manually annotated corpus consisting of 67 full-text biomedical journal articles.
- Center for Cancer Data Harmonization: The CCDH will work with the National Cancer Institute Cancer Research Data Commons to make cancer research data more useful and accessible.