- OBO Tutorial: Using and Reusing Ontologies, Ann Arbor, MI, September 26, 2022
- OBO Academy. Biweekly trainings offered to members of the Monarch Initiative. 2021 - present. Link here
- ICBO 2021 Tutorial. Workshop at International Conference for Biomedical Ontologies (ICBO), Virtual, September 15, 2021. Link here
- Ontology Engineering course, Critical Path Institute. Hired as a consultant to design and offer a tutorial for employees of the Critical Path Institute. April - July 2021. Link here
- Cell Ontology Tutorial. A virtual training on September 24 and October 01, 2020. Link here
- Introduction to Ontologies. Computable Exposures Workshop, Oregon State University, September 09, 2019. Link here
- Monarch Disease Ontology workshop, Co-organizer, Broad Institute, Cambridge, MA, November 27-28, 2018.
- Ontology 101: A how-to guide to create, manage, and release an OBO ontology, Co-instructor, Workshop at International Conference on Biological Ontology, Corvallis, OR, August 07, 2018. Link here.
- Phenotype Ontologies Traversing All The Organisms (POTATO) workshop, Workshop at the International Conference on Biological Ontology, Corvallis, OR, August 06-07, 2018. Link here
- Ontologies 101 Tutorial: Introduction to Protege, Online tutorial. Link here
- Ontologies 101, Open Educational Resource. Link here
- Managing Translational Informatics Projects, Co-instructor, Workshop at Oregon Health & Science University, September 21, 2018. Link here.
- GitHub Tutorial, Oregon Health & Science University Library Staff, February 08, 2017.
Biocuration Careers Workshop, virtual September 21, 2022, Link here
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Worksop. Workshop at Biocuration 2018 conference, Cambridge, UK, April 07-10, 2019. Link here
- Careers in Biocuration: An overview of the current status, challenges and goals in the biocuration field. Workshop at Biocuration 2018 conference, Shanghai, China, April 09, 2018. Link here
- Data annotation and curation, Open Educational Resource. Link here
Data Science and Data Management
- OHSU Library Data Science Institute, Instructor and Lead Organizer, White Stag Building, Portland, Oregon. November 6-8, 2017. Link here
- Data and Donuts, Oregon Health & Science Universit, July 25, 2017.
- BD2K Clinical Risk Prediction Workshop, Oregon Health & Science University, May 15-16, 2017.
- OHSU Library Research Project Workshops, Research Data Management Best Practices, March 2017. Link here
- Data and Donuts West, Oregon Health & Science University, July 21, 2016.
- Data and Donuts, Oregon Health & Science University, June 28-29, 2016. Link here
- Advanced Data After Dark, Oregon Health & Science University, May 23-26, 2016. Link here
- Data After Dark, Oregon Health & Science University, January 13-14, 2016. Link here
- BD2K Skills Course, Oregon Health & Science University, July 2015.
- FOLIO Data Management Training, Oregon Health & Science University, 21 March 2015.
- Data Wrangling workshop. OHSU, Portland, OR. May 2014.
- Data Management 101. OHSU Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology Retreat, Welches, OR. 20 September 2013.
eagle-i Netowrk Training
- eagle-i Network Training, Harvard University, Boston, MA, 25-27 July 2012.
- eagle-i Network Curation Training, Harvard University, Boston, MA, December 15-16, 2011.
- Introduction to Ontologies, Programming for Biology, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratories, Cold Spring Harbor, New York, October 26, 2019. Link here
- MB599, Selected Topics Oregon State University, May 03, 2018.
- Research Methods in Bioinformatics, Oregon Health & Science University, February 04, 2016.
- NS322 Immunology, National University of Natural Medicine, Winter 2017 and Winter 2018.
- RES 703: Integrative Microbiology, National College of Natural Medicine. Spring, 2016.
- RES 620: Laboratory Methods, National College of Natural Medicine, Winter 2012, Summer 2012, Fall 2012, Spring 2013, Summer 2013, Spring 2014, Summer 2014, Spring 2015.
- RES 501: Immunology Journal Club, National College of Natural Medicine, Summer 2011, Summer 2012, Summer 2103, Spring 2016, Winter 2017.
- RES 422: Conducting Clinical Research, National College of Natural Medicine, Spring 2011.
- BIT 101: Introduction to Bioscience Technology, Portland Community College, Summer 2010 and Fall 2009.